jueves, julio 20, 2006

augh!

i was browsing through butch dalisay's blog when i found this link. i read through it and now i feel like bawling and vomiting and shaking my fist at every organized religion i can think of.

it's utterly and terribly wrong, even if the tenets of religion accept it. who said we need religion to define morality anyway? cultural relativism aside, even some islamic leaders generally disagree with the idea, recognizing the drawbacks of such a set up.

with all due respect to muslims all over the world, i must say that i'm glad i was not raised a muslim or living in a (predominantly) muslim society. as far as i've learned and seen, it has been the most oppressive religion for women. that is not to say that christianity is better (it's extremely patriarchal as well) but at least it does not allow a husband to divorce his wife just by saying "i divorce you" three times nor does it require women to shave their genital area (i haven't tried it but if you're a woman, i think you'd understand how uncomfortable that would be).

*shakes head* brrr.

3 castaways:

Blogger jax said...

yipes. it's like having cake and eating it and throwing it away too!!! :(

9:27 p. m.  
Blogger heaven_spawn said...

I learned that there used to be only 2 countries in the world that did NOT have a divorce law: Chile, and the Philippines.

And now that Chile passed a divorce bill not so long ago, well. :p

'Ika nga ng prof ko: "We are Talibans in the eyes of the world!" hehehe.

3:15 p. m.  
Blogger Peachy said...

Those Islamic fundamentalists have really gone batshit. Everytime I wear a short skirt, I remember this, and I want to kiss the ground I'm walking on.

1:11 p. m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home