the new cure for a hangover
after yesterday's hellish ordeal, things are crawling sluggishly at the office. what's a girl to do with a computer, fast internet access and too much time in her hands? blog-hop, of course!
so this slave-driver-in-the-making (who wants to buy me a whip?) went clickety-clack and found herself browsing through this website. and guess what i learned today?
fraser, the dude who owns the site, decided to create a little kitchen experiment prompted by alcohol-induced stomach upsets. and he works on these two premises:
and that, dears, is a dangerous foundation for genius. i know how screwed-up you people are, don't deny it. *mwah*Stage one is ice cream, which I believe works for me for two reasons. Firstly, the coolness of product helps to counteract the inevitable post-alcohol sweat. Secondly, both dairy products and eggs are a valuable source of Vitamin B12, a deficiency of which is normal in hangovers - my body is telling me it needs more, and ice-cream delivers.
Stage two is the imbibing of Pepto-Bismol, that remarkable, vibrantly pink remedy for bowel anguish. This stuff is weird, but it does the trick. Years ago, when I worked for outlandishly hirsute rockers The Cure, the band wouldn’t tour without stocking up first. I’d be at my desk, and the call would come in. “Fraser? We’re in Rio, and we’ve run out of Pepto. Can you Fedex us a crate?” And so I would.
Ice cream. Pepto-bismol. Pepto-bismol. Ice cream. After a while, it became obvious. I should combine the two.
and so, here's what happened:

add some dye:

and presto!

for something that has antacid, it looks pretty good. sort of like a nice sherbet. read the complete post here.
there you go, folks. the cure to the morning after. i'm not sure we have that stuff here though. but kremil-s is pink, too, and comes in this icky bubblegum flavor that supposedly makes it a little bit more tolerable. grind it, add water, and you have a localized version of pepto-bismol. i doubt anything will make it taste any better though.
and because i am the goddess of wine, i'd like to close this entry with a quote i found from one of the interesting foodie sites i visit:
I cook with wine... sometimes I even put it in food. - The Accidental Hedonist

